Aaaaand the editing award of the year goes to me.
(Yeah remember when I said I was trying to get my old camera to work? It didn't. I had to take these with my iphone 3GS. Adding a camera to the list of things I want for Christmas.)
Anyways.
I keep a section of one of the walls in my room dedicated to happy little notes and things I get from people. It started because in our theatre productions at our school, at the end of a production, everyone writes each other Warm and Fuzzies (sweet little notes saying things like "You're awesome!!!" or "I really enjoyed doing the production with you" in general, and usually are a bit more personal than that haha). I didn't have anywhere to put them, and I definitely didn't want to throw them away, so I put them up and started My Happy Wall!
I now put up Valentines/Christmas notes, birthday messages and cards, and really whatever else I receive from someone else that makes me happy!
I hardly ever feel insecure anymore about my relationships with people (thankfully). But if I'm ever feeling kinda sad or lonely, I find it reassuring to look at my wall, and then I'll know there are people who care about me and love me.
In case it wasn't strikingly apparent already, sunflowers are a big thing for me. I love sunflowers a whole lot, and honestly just seeing one somehow makes me feel a bit happier. I found this card in a new age store and hinted that I wanted it for my birthday:
(Ace photographer, huh)
It reads "The flower that follows the sun does so even on cloudy days". In retrospect, that's probably got a lot of spiritual connotation to it, but I just thought it was the cutest and happiest thing!!
So yeah. I thought this would be a good thing to start with, since it's such a big part of my room.
I think I'll be trying out a new recipe for baking today, so I'll probably update that next! Hopefully I won't get lazy and cop out.
♥

No comments:
Post a Comment